Wednesday, October 9, 2013

when i was born, i was free,



when i was born,
i was free,
without a name
without a cast or creed
my past was the essence of love my parents shared between them
and future were the dreams they nurtured for me

i got a name and a family at a price
i was no longer myself
i was someones son, nephew , brother....
they told me god created the universe
i wondered
that did it really would have mattered if my parents would not have created me

whenever as a child i fell sick, i saw my mother praying
and when i woke up in the middle of the night ,
i always saw my mother
the god was never there
and my father on earth always held my hand
i dont know about our father in heaven

as i grew up
i felt the cobwebs tangle my being
i was defined by a religion and dazzled by faith
and when nothing else worked
i was coerced by rhetorics
of angles and demons, of devil and god
it was a serendipity
that as i plotted to steal my younger brothers chocolates,
i discovered the devil ,
and when he came to know of the plot , he gave me those chocolates
alas i saw god
my bully classmate pushed me, i fell and i felt a demon
the class teacher picked me up, and i saw the eyes of an angel
so easy it was
they were so close to us
and we grope into volumes to find them

i know when i die
i will not carry any Karmic debts along
for there are none
my conscious is responsible for the acts i intentionally commit
and then it is also defined by the bias of my conscious
if i get sucked up into the vortex of greed i die un-contented
but if i accept the truth that i was born naked
i will die in peace
with myself

No comments:

Post a Comment